Mon, Nov 02|
Espace de quartier Soubeyran
First Aid for Child Injuries Members Only (1)
This course is a hands-on workshop specifically focused on managing injuries in babies and children.
Time & Location
Nov 02, 2020, 9:30 AM – 1:30 PM
Espace de quartier Soubeyran, Soubeyran 1203, 1203 Genève, Switzerland
About the Event
We encourage all our members to be First Aid and CPR trained and run members only courses to facilitate this with HealthFirst, our preffered provider of First Aid and CPR and other health related training.
TRAINING COURSE CONTENTS
Topics covered will include:
● Medical emergencies: a protocol to follow.
● What number to call in a medical emergency in Switzerland, what to say and mobilephone Apps to help with this.
● The unconscious baby or child.
- What to do for head injuries and suspected spinal injuries.
- The First Aid for major blood loss and shock.
- The First Aid for burns.
- Strains, sprains and broken bones: how to recognize them, when to seek medical adviceand how to make an arm sling.
- Cuts, grazes and nosebleeds.
- Accidental poisoning.
- Plus, what to have in your First Aid Kit and how to use it.
Course certification: HealthFirst Certificate of Attendance in First Aid for Child Injuries (valid for 2 years)
Cancellation policy All bookings cancelled by participants 7 days or more before the course start date will receive a full refund. Those bookings cancelled less than 7 days before the course start date cannot usually be refunded. In the case of sickness, or other extenuating circumstances, affecting one of the HealthFirst trainers on the training day, HealthFirst will provide an alternative course trainer wherever possible. In the rare instance when this will not be possible, we reserve the right to postpone the training date. In this situation, all course bookings can either be transferred to the future course, or will be refunded upon request.
A discounted ticket, course only